Here are some photos of my Hasegawa 1/32 Focke-Wulf D-9 converted
into the rare D-13.
The changes are a new top flat cowl with an alternate style of solid
hinges based on the kit cowl.
A new supercharger intake was modified from the kit piece too, as
were the interior control panel and consoles.
Propellers blades were enlarged to the correct VDM shape as was the
spinner and hub.
I made the oleo struts from chrome tube obtained from a radio
antennae, detailing the brake lines with Fly Cast fishing rubber and
The seat harness was detailed with Eduard photo etched buckles and
All the exterior surfaces were "stressed" with a no. 15 bisturi
blade. Rivets were punched using a home made instrument and jig.
Decals for the propeller hub, fuselage and landing gear data plates
were printed on my ALPS MD 5000. These were applied to bare metal
foil and then transferred to the kit.
Painting and Markings
I used Testor's Model Master paints: RLM 75 Grey Violet on top, with
Italian Olive Green replacing 83,and Camo Helo Drab replacing 81.
Undersurface are painted with RLM 76 Light Blue and laminated with
aluminium kitchen foil.
Decals are from the superb Eagle Editions sheet in 1/32 scale.